Ever wish you had a confident and happy smile? Do you ever avoid smiling in front of people because of discoloured or stained teeth? Don’t worry. You are not alone. There are many people who find themselves in the same situation.
Teeth whitening is the easiest and most common dental treatment to help remove stains and discolouration from your teeth.
Teeth can get discoloured or stained for many reasons; excessive consumption of coffee, tobacco or red wine or due to age-related factors, to name just a few. Even though you may be brushing properly and regularly, as time goes by, teeth do get discoloured.
Chingford Mount Dental Practice offers two types of teeth whitening services – Laser Teeth Whitening and Home Teeth Whitening System to help you get the smile you always dreamed of.
Laser Teeth Whitening (In-Practice Treatment)
Laser Teeth Whitening is an in-practice treatment wherein the patient is required to visit the practice and get treated by our expert dentists. Typically, the process can be completed in around 2 hours and includes the following steps:
- Firstly, the dentist will have a detailed discussion about the current state of your teeth and guide you through the entire process.
- The dentist will ensure you feel comfortable and allay any fears you may have over the teeth whitening treatment.
- Once you feel comfortable, the dentist will take photographs of your teeth in order to benchmark their existing colour and monitor progress during the treatment.
- The teeth will be cleaned to remove any plaque on the teeth’s surface.
- Before placing the whitening agent on the teeth, utmost care is taken to ensure that the surrounding areas like, gum, tongue etc. are properly covered so the whitening agent doesn’t cover them.
- The whitening agent/gel is then exposed to whitening lamp/laser light to activate the bleaching process.
- Depending on the level of discolouration/stains, it can take 60-90 minutes for your teeth to look whiter and brighter.
- You’re able to plug-in earphones and enjoy music while the dentist works on whitening your teeth. Some patients also prefer to sleep peacefully during the treatment.
In around 2 hours, your teeth will be looking shiny & white and you’ll be amazed at the difference in your smile and appearance.
Upon successful completion of the procedure, you may not need any further whitening related treatment for 12-15 months. Then, depending on the overall condition of your teeth and age, you may want to repeat the treatment.
Home Teeth Whitening
Some patients simply don’t have the time for in-practice teeth whitening so we offer a home teeth whitening option for maximum convenience.
Our dentists start by taking an impression of your teeth to create custom-fitted trays. You fill the trays with the whitening gel provided by the dentist and wear it for at least an hour every day for around 8-10 days by which time the results will start showing.
We always recommend having custom fitted trays rather than one-size-fits-all trays, available over the counter, as these are less effective.
Fed up of stained or discoloured teeth? To get Brighter, Whiter Teeth and that Happy Smile back, contact us at 020 8529 1246, for an appointment today.