We warmly welcome new patients to Chingford Mount Dental practice.
Your first appointment
During your first appointment at our dental surgery, your dentist will carry out a thorough examination of your teeth, gums and mouth and will take a full set of X-rays.
- They will take into account any concerns you may have about your teeth and examine your teeth for signs of tooth decay, wear and tear or cracks.
- They will check your gums for signs of periodontal (gum) disease, check fillings, crowns and bridges for signs of cracks or decay, and will look for any signs of oral cancer.
- They will also ask you questions about your general health as certain conditions may impact on your oral health or dental treatment.
- The dentist will then examine the position and bite of your teeth, check for any irregularities that may require treatment and look for any signs of joint disease.
- The X-rays will be viewed to look for tooth decay in areas which could not be seen during the visual inspection and to check the roots of teeth and the condition of the bone supporting your teeth.
- If there are no problems, a dental check-up will be recommended for six months time.
- If you need any dental treatment, a recommended treatment plan will be provided. This always includes an estimate of the cost. We try to make financial matters as easy as possible and can make arrangements for Interest Free Credit for dental care if required.
We recommend regular dental check-ups at an interval recommended by your dentist.
It is important to maintain regular dental check-ups because research is finding more evidence to suggest a link between general health and oral health. It is thought that somehow plaque and oral bacteria find their way into the blood stream causing thickening of the walls of arteries.